How to apply for an IEC Working Holiday Visa

How to apply for an IEC working holiday visa

The IEC working holiday visa is for people that wish to travel and work temporarily in Canada up to a period of 24 months. To take part in either of our mountain bike instructor courses in Whistler, you do not need to have an IEC working holiday visa, as you are not in employment during this time, a tourist visa will suffice. If you wish to stay on and get a job in Whistler as a Bike Guide, you must have the correct IEC working holiday visa for Canada.

If you wish to apply for an IEC working holiday visa for Canada, we suggest that you start your research now and apply as soon as possible. We’ll give you more information on this below:

There are a limited number of IEC working holiday visas available every year and in order to have a chance, you must first of all submit your profile, which is done online and will determine your eligibility to apply. Sound complicated? It’s not! This will take approximately 10 minutes to complete online. Don’t worry, you will find the step by step guide on the Canadian Government website.

Depending on your nationality, the upper age limit to apply varies. Irish citiziens may apply for the IEC working holiday visa up to the age of 35, UK and Australian citizens can apply for this visa for Canada up to the age of 30.

If you meet the criteria after submitting your initial profile, you will be given a reference code, which is the first step towards completing your online IEC profile. Here you will need to give this type of information.

• identity (full names, date of birth, place of birth etc.)
• country of citizenship
• country of permanent residence (where you live permanently)
• country of residence (where you live now)
• contact information

You’re getting there! Probably a good time to make a cup of tea!

Qualified coaches with an IEC working holiday visa

The trainees enjoy Garbanzo Zone opening day

Invitation to apply for an IEC working holiday visa

Once you’ve submitted your IEC profile, remember, this does NOT mean that you have submitted a visa request. You must now wait to hear from the CIC for an invitation to apply.

We strongly recommend that whilst you are waiting for the invite to apply for the IEC visa, that you gather the other information required to complete the visa application. This includes:

Police Certificate
• Proof of Means of Financial Support – either by having $CAD2500 to support your stay in Canada, and have, prior to departing for your trip, a return ticket or be able to show that you will have the financial means to buy a departure ticket at the end of your authorised stay in Canada.
The instructions in the online document checklist will show you how to prove this. You can screen grab your bank balance online and upload that.

If you receive an invitation to apply from the CIC website, you have 10 days to decide to accept. WE SAY DO IT! Then you can sit back and count the days till the course starts and the Whistler Bike Park opens!

With or without your visa, we hope to see you on one of our courses! Don’t forget that if you’re unsuccessful in your visa application, it’s still worthwhile coming on the course, getting qualified, then you can be considered for a job the following year, if that’s your goal. We also have many clients that want to take part on the course simply to improve their skills and meet other like minded people!

Keep up with us @peakleadersdirt on Instagram on Facebook or Twitter 

Bike Park Academy, Whistler (3 week course) 16th May 0 17th Jun @£3000.00

Coaches Camp, Whistler (5 week course) 27th Jul – 31 Aug @ £3950.00

Call us on +44 (0) 1337 860 079 or message here for a chat about Peak Leaders mountain bike courses, ski instructor courses, or snowboard instructor courses