BARILOCHE 2020: EARLY CANCELATION THE RIGHT DECISION
ARGENTINA INCREASES LOCKDOWN MEASURES
Having cancelled the Bariloche course a while ago, we have today been reading that Argentina is restricting all domestic and international flights until September 1st.
We know this will bring further disruption to our friends in Bariloche and the ski resort of Catedral, and we hope that skiing can be facilitated in some way. We know how much the local businesses and community depend on the ski resort.
The news is not completely unexpected but certainly a more severe and concrete restriction than some had prepared for.
We certainly feel it was the right decision to cancel the Bariloche course when we did, we feel it would have been irresponsible of us to let the uncertainty continue until something as significant as this happened.
We would like to thank all the trainees for their understanding. Naturally everyone was disappointed by the cancelation but agreed it was the right and sensible decision to cancel early and not leave trainees and local businesses dangling.
SWISS COURSES LOOKING GOOD
Meanwhile any trainees for Swiss courses can rest assured that we will be treating the Saas Fee and Verbier courses with exactly same diligence, and we are constantly monitoring the situation so that all trainees will be updated as soon something changes.
Happily, in Switzerland, our ski instructor training courses should be able to run as normal as European countries begin to examine different ways to to release the lockdown and allow life to start returning to normal.
We are also fortunate in Switzerland that the Federal government and the local Valais authorities have been proactive and are doing everything they can to allow life to continue safely and as normally as possible. Their early action has definitely made sure this pandemic can be managed in a controlled and supported way.