SAAS FEE IS ON SCHEDULE
OUR SAAS FEE COURSE IS CONFIRMED AND WE’RE READY TO GO
Summer in Europe has been very hot and very strange.
And it’s been no different in Switzerland with exceptional temperatures – even on the highest peaks.
Naturally that has resulted in a lot of precautions and summer skiing being cancelled for everyone except race teams.
But we have great news – despite the exceptional heat, Saas Fee will be up and running for the autumn course.
SO WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING?
Essentially the glaciers have been melting much faster than usual this summer.
It’s not good news and has been a concern for everyone – especially the lift companies.
So almost all glaciers with summer skiing in Europe were closed to prevent further degradation of the glaciers, leaving access only for the national race teams.
WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE THE AUTUMN COURSE?
Well, the hot weather has started to break here in Switzerland and the lift company in Saas Fee has been looking at the plan for autumn.
The good news is that even if the mountain is closed to the general public com the autumn, Peak Leaders will get a space as we are considered education not tourism.
So we already have that all booked, with a time slot on the morning lifts and space on the hill confirmed.
That means you’ll be skiing wide, open and empty pistes – and catching the lift with pro racers…
But they are also still optimistic that things will be back to normal for recreational skiers as well – but whatever happens we are good and we will definitely be skiing.
In fact, last week we had storms sweep into the region and had snow up high – things can change pretty fast up there…
THERE’S ANOTHER FACTOR TOO…
We have decided to restructure then Saas Fee course and it’s now starting later than we have traditionally started – arrivals will be October 2nd this year.
That means there is even more time for the first snows to come sweeping in and the temperatures to plummet.
We have also got accommodation confirmed at the Park Hotel where Patrick and his amazing team will be looking after us again.
It’s run by the Rossi family and we’ve been staying there for years – it’s a brilliant base for trainees.
We also have the coaching team ready and raring to go, with some new faces as well as more examiners in the coaching team than ever before.
So we are in good shape to start clipping into our skis this October – and that means you can be qualified before the conventional winter season starts.
To find out more about joining us just click below.